Truck drivers in Canada perform a major task, as they are responsible for transporting materials, products and merchandise across the roads of the North American country. Such work is well rewarded because they receive a fairly high salary. So, for you to know more details about this job, we tell you about it How much does a truck driver earn in canada.
People who work in this sector can be employed through transportation, manufacturing, and food distribution companies, among others. Also, if they want to start a business, they have to meet certain requirements, such as completing high school.
you can see: How much does a waitress earn per hour in Canada and in which cities does she pay the most?
How much does a truck driver earn in Canada?
that truck driver You can earn an average of $23 Canadians per hour in that country, According to the official recruitment platform of the North American Country Job Bank. The entity also states that salary Trailer for a movie Ranging from 16 to 38 CAD per hour worked.
Thus, an individual can earn around $1,104 working six days a week. This will allow him to enjoy an average monthly income of CAD 4,416.
What are the requirements to work as a truck driver in Canada?
Job Bank realizes that those interested in Working as a truck driver in Canada It must basically meet the following requirements:
- Completed high school.
- Some jobs require applicants to complete driver training courses of up to three months.
- Class 3 or D license to drive straight-body trucks.
- Class 1 or long-term truck driver’s license.
- Obtain a Transport Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG, for short in English) for drivers who transport dangerous goods or products.
Where does more than one country in Canada pay truck drivers?
According to the Canadian government’s Employment Agency report, there are certain places in the North American country where truck drivers can earn more than C$35 an hour.
- Alberta: $38 an hour
- British Columbia: C$37.15 an hour
- Yukon: $35 an hour
- Northwest Territories: $35 an hour
- Nunavut: $34 CAD per hour.
you can see: Canada: How much does a cleaning worker earn per hour and how many vacancies for the job?
What activities do truck drivers do in Canada?
The activities that each truck driver does in Canada vary according to the service they perform and the company they work for; However, in general, truck drivers have to perform the following tasks:
- Driving trucks with trailers or long communication vehicles as well as straight-body trucks weighing more than 4500 kg to transport all types of goods.
- You have all the documents for the transportation of goods.
- Verify that the cargo being transported complies with safety requirements and implement the appropriate procedure for transporting dangerous goods.
- Make record of payload information, mileage, total fuel consumption and service time.
- Carry out emergency road repairs.
- Inspect the car before and after every ride.
- Check the condition of the materials before transporting them in the vehicle and at the time of unloading.