The WhatsAppThe world’s most used messaging service, constantly renewing. Often they add new features or functionality. But you also have to stay up-to-date and eventually Old PCs are no longer compatible with Meta.
From the company they reported that the phones with the operating system iOS 9 or earlier versions And the Android 4.04 They will not be able to continue using the messaging service
Cell phones that are no longer compatible with WhatsApp
here they are Android phones where it is not recommended to continue using WhatsApp:
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Ace 2.
- Sony: Xperia M.
- Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D2.
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus F6, Enact, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, and Optimus F3Q.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987, Grand Memo.
- Other Features: Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1, THL W8.
on iPhonethe list is shorter:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s plus
What happens to WhatsApp on phones that are no longer supported
Although it may seem exaggerated, These types of updates are given to avoid hardware problems Especially not allowing them to become an easy target for cybercriminals. WhatsApp is not automatically deleted from phones, but it stops receiving updates.
Older versions of operating systems They have no more security updates, so they are easy to exploit. This is the reason why WhatsApp support is left unsupported for some devices.
This does not mean that the messaging app stops working immediately, but It is not recommended to continue using it Because of the dangers we expose ourselves to.