Did you know that every day We activate happiness hormones without realizing it? We engage in activities, habits, or movements that stimulate the production and release of these hormones, which are chemicals that are released in our brain and cause us Pleasant sensationssuch as luxury, AdrenalineOr relaxation, trust or love.
We are 4 hormonesAnd serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, and endorphins, and each has some Specific functions and effects In our bodies and minds, making us feel Better with ourselves and with others.
15 phrases of love.
But, even though we all want to I feel good, happy and content In our lives, sometimes it is difficult for us to reach that state of mind because Stress, routine, problems or lack of motivation. We know which daily habit increases self-esteem or which foods you should eat to be happier, but what are the simple habits we can do to achieve happiness? Stimulate each of the four happiness hormones naturally and for free?
Why do happiness hormones turn on and off?
The question of why the hormones of happiness and well-being are turned off is very interesting, but to answer it, we must know the mechanisms that regulate our lives. Mood and our emotions.
Happiness hormones are not released continuously or regularly, but depend on various factors, such as ours Our genes, environment, experiences, habits and expectations. These factors can stimulate or inhibit the production and release of these hormones, turning them off or on.
For example, a simple verb like Give someone a hug Capable of activation Oxytocin when it’s “off”also known as the love or bonding hormone, which reduces levels of cortisol and the stress hormone.
How are the four hormones that produce happiness activated?
Each wellness hormone works separately, but they all have a relationship with each other: Producing happiness and different emotions Which improves our mood. But can all four be activated at the same time? What free and natural habit can we do to release them all?
the National Geographic magazine Several methods have been collected based on studies and experts, and these are them Easier To motivate one by one:
This is the hormone that regulates our Mood, our self-esteem, our appetite, and our sleep. Serotonin helps us feel calm, content, and optimistic. To increase serotonin, we can do the following:
- We expose ourselves to sunlightEspecially in the morning, because light stimulates serotonin production.
- Exercise at home or outdoorsBecause movement releases serotonin and improves our mood and health.
- Meditate at homeBecause meditation reduces stress, increases concentration, and increases serotonin.
Meditation to release serotonin.
It is the hormone that It motivates us, rewards us and makes us feel happy. Dopamine drives us to seek and achieve our goals, and makes us so Enjoy the things we love. To increase dopamine, you can do the following:
- Establishes Realistic and achievable goals, celebrate your achievements, Dopamine is released when we achieve something we set out to do.
- Listening to music and dancingAs music and rhythm activate dopamine and make us feel good and enjoy, they also reduce pain.
- Learn something new at homeDopamine is linked to curiosity, creativity, and learning.
- Self-care activitiesLike exercising, doing a beauty routine, or taking a hot bath, it brings happiness.
Dancing to activate dopamine.
It is the hormone that It connects us, cares for us, and makes us feel loved. Oxytocin helps us establish emotional and emotional connections with others and feel safe.Safe, protected and confident. To increase oxytocin, you can do these habits:
- Hug someoneBecause it makes us feel close and loved.
- Petting a petBecause it gives us affection and makes us release oxytocin.
- Expression of gratitudeWhich makes us appreciate what we have and makes us feel loved.
Petting a pet releases oxytocin.
These are the hormones that It comforts us, encourages us, and makes us feel ecstatic. Endorphins help us reduce pain, improve mood, and increase endurance. To increase endorphins, you can do the following:
- He laughsLaughter is one of the best ways to release endorphins and feel comfortable and happy.
- Eat something spicy That you have at home, because it stimulates the release of endorphins and makes us feel intense pleasure.
- Practice Extreme sportsif you can access it on a regular basis, because it makes us feel adrenaline and excitement.
- Smell good scentsWhich makes us feel relaxed and fun.
Laugh to release endorphins.
These are some of Free habits that we can do daily to secrete every happiness hormone We feel better about ourselves and others. Remember that the most important thing is that you have it Positive, grateful and generous attitudeHappiness hormones are an additional tool that helps you create a mood suitable for your happiness. Which one will you start with?