he Lemon posset It is a dessert that has its origins in the United Kingdom and its creation dates back to the Middle Ages, when it was believed to have healing properties to alleviate minor illnesses and ailments.
Throughout its history, the recipe for Lemon posset It has evolved and become the preparation most similar to what we know today.
Today in Minuto Argentina we will show you, step by step, how to make this delicious Lemon posset. With just three ingredients and for very little cost, you’ll have a delicious food that both adults and kids will love.
You will need:
- 2 cups of milk cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- Lemon zest (optional) for garnish
Step by Step
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning or spilling.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add fresh lemon juice. Stir well to combine. The mixture will begin to thicken and acquire a creamy consistency as the lemon interacts with the hot cream.
- Pour hot mixture into individual cups or dessert bowls. You can also use squeezed lemon peel, cutting it in half so that it is bowl-shaped.
- Place the lemons in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until they are cold and very firm.
- When ready to serve, you can garnish with a little lemon zest on top for an extra touch of flavor and freshness.