Here we tell you when it starts, which teams are seeded and what are the venues. The Gold Cup, the most important national team event in the region, is being held in 14 cities in the United States and Canada.
More important details about Gold Cup 2023. A few days after the draw was held, the federation confirmed the stadiums and cities where the seventeenth edition of the competition will be held. The best difference in CONCACAF They are preparing to fight in search of the title that won the last edition (2021) United State in agony before Mexico. A large portion of the seeded teams and event dates are already known.
Teams from Mexico, the United States and Canada are favorites to retain the cup. However, the pride of the Central American teams will be out looking for an upset and go away next summer. If there is one thing that is clear about the Gold Cup, it is that it always gives us great, memorable matches.
“The cities and stadiums we have selected have a history of hosting world class and elite football events. I would like to thank each and every one of them for their commitment to CONCACAF, to our Gold Cup and to our sport. We are approaching the 2026 World Cup″, said the president of CONCACAF, Victor Montagliani.
Gold Cup 2023: when does it start?
The competition, which brings together the best teams in the region, will be held in the United States from June 16 to July 16. CONCACAF noted that SoFi Stadium, home of the NFL’s Los Angeles Chargers, will host the tournament’s Grand Final. The 16 teams will fight to reach the final match for the title.
Gold Cup: qualified teams
It is known so far that 13 guests out of 16 will attend the tournament of the most important CONCACAF teams:
Gold Cup 2023: stadiums
- NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2019, 2021).
- Shell Energy Stadium, Houston, Texas (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021).
- AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas (2009, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2021).
- State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ (2009, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021).
- Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC (2011, 2015, 2019.
- Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019).
- Red Bull Arena, Harrison, NJ (2013, 2017, 2019).
- DRV PNK Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (2021).
- Elegant Stadium, Las Vegas, Nevada (2021).
- BMO Stadium, Toronto, Canada (2015).
- Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California (2017).
- SoFi Stadium, Englewood, CA (first-time venue).
- TQL Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio (first time venue).
- Snapdragon Stadium, San Diego, California (first time venue).
- CITYPARK, St. Louis, MO (First time place).
Receive Our newsletter: We will send you the best sports content, as Depor always does.