Have you heard of Cross Border Xpress (CBX)? If you are planning to travel to the United States, this topic will interest you.
“It is a pedestrian bridge connecting Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) to San Diego, California,” Cross Border Xpress explains. Long live usa mexico.
They add that this is a very good option for people traveling from Mexico to Southern California and vice versa.
The Cross Border Xpress is a direct and secure border crossing between San Diego and Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) for the exclusive use of air passengers.
Is Cross Border Xpress legal?
He confirms that crossing this pedestrian bridge is as legal as it is safe. At Vive USA, they report that they “offer 24-hour service and have a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) area where they give you your I-94 immigration clearance for your stay in the United States.”
Transit requirements from Mexico to the United States via CBX
- A valid passport.
- Your boarding pass for your plane flight.
- Valid visa.
- Additionally, your I-94 pass must be processed if you remain in the country for more than 30 days or enter more than 40 kilometers from the border.
Mexican Tourist Visa: These are the requirements to process if you want to visit the country or need to stop by plane
Who can use Cross Border Xpress?
They have certified at Vive USA México that this bridge is “dedicated to Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) passengers.” It is an option that has the advantage of being “cheaper”.
If you want to get to San Diego, you can buy your ticket to Tijuana and from there you cross the bridge, it is special.
This is how you can use Cross Border Xpress to cross into the United States
- Pending times: When you get off the plane in Tijuana and collect your luggage you must go to the CBX bridge. If you travel to the United States, it is important that you do so within… Two hours after your flight arrives in Tijuana. If not, your pass will lose its validity. To cross into Mexico it is necessary to arrive there within 24 hours before the plane departs.
- Crossing is easy, you just have to remember Never leave the baggage claim area. Otherwise you will have to go through the checkpoint.
- Once you reach the counters, show or purchase your ticket. The staff tells you which line to line up. They check your visa and passport and open your way to the bridge.
- Then you should Go through the CBP windowswhere an immigration officer will interview you to determine whether or not to allow you to enter the United States.
- If you cross into Mexico, you will be interviewed by Mexican officials.
- When leaving CBX, you can take a taxi, Uber, Lyft, or shuttle to downtown San Diego, San Ysidro, and the San Diego, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Huntington Park, Riverside, Sacramento, and Fresno airport terminals.
There is also short and long term parking.
And the cost?
Prices vary if purchased as family hybrids, individual hybrids, and also if acquired online. Here you can see all their prices.
Simple crossing: It can range from $19.95 to $26.95.
Circular crossing: It can range from $37.95 to $49.95.