Canadian Grand Prix to investigate track invasion case

The public in attendance entered the scheme before all cars had been parked at Parc Ferme


The promoter of the Canadian Grand Prix said it will investigate and take action after spectators invaded the track before the end of Sunday's Formula 1 race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

Race stewards summoned representatives of the Octane Racing Group after the violation.

“The promoter frankly admitted that the security measures implemented did not achieve the goal of preventing spectators from entering the track,” the supervisors said in a statement.

“They agreed with the report of the FIA ​​Sports Delegate and the Race Director and agreed that this was an unacceptable position.

“The Promoter has stated that, in mitigation, it will conduct a thorough investigation and take remedial action in time for the next event in Canada.”

The stewards decided that the promoter had violated the FIA's international sporting code and ordered that a formal resolution plan be submitted to the Paris-based governing body by the end of September.

They also explained that a significant financial penalty would be imposed if this happened again.

See also  China imposes sanctions on individuals and entities in the United States and Canada in response to Uighur global criticism | DW

Sacha Woodward

"Wannabe writer. Lifelong problem solver. Gamer. Incurable web guru. Professional music lover."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top