If one of your goals is to travel to United StateYou should know that to enter the country, you must have a permit to be able to carry out the activities you need without obstacles. Enjoyable tripAnd job or just for Visiting a relative It may be the reasons that push you to reach this destination. However, there are many reasons why you might get this so called document visaso here we tell you what they are and for what travel purposes granted.
What is a visa?
A visa is a rule among some countries to regulate the entry or stay of persons. This is done through a document attached by the passport authorities. There are different types of visas that give a green light to a person to enter the country and carry out certain types of activities, for example: transit, tourist, and business. (Government of Mexico)
Types of visas or visas for travel to the United States
Although it is popular for tourism and business, there are many categories of visas available to foreign visitors United State.
- Tourism and visitors
- a job
- Studies and exchanges
- He immigrated
- Other types of visas
the Visitor visas Nonimmigrant status is granted to people who wish to enter United State temporarily before a job (B-1 visa category), for tourism (B-2 visa category), or for a combination of both purposes for which the visa is granted (B-1/B-2).
Tourism and visitors
requires a Visitor visa (B-2) If you are an alien traveling to the United States for the purpose of tourism.
This visa allows you a short visit to the United States for a vacation, to visit family and friends, or to receive medical treatment.
If you want to travel to United State For business reasons and you temporarily need a visitor (B-1) visa. For example:
- Attending business meetings or consulting.
- Attend a conference or business conference
- Contract negotiation
Tourism and business requirements:
- A passport valid for at least six months to travel to the United States.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Receipt of application fee payment, if you must pay before your interview.
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the DS-160 form online.
Note: Depending on the embassy, additional documents may be required and an interview is required.
There are three types of visas that are granted to those who wish to work in the United States temporarily as legal nonimmigrants, and for which they must qualify for the available visa category based on the purpose of employment.
- HLOPQ temporary work visas. For temporary employment based on a petition validated in the United States.
- J exchange visitor visa. For some teachers, professors, summer business trips, and other exchange participants, they have been accepted into accredited programs.
- Media Visa I. For members of the foreign media, press and radio.
Studies and exchanges
The United States supports international education and welcomes foreign students and exchange visitors, so if you want to live this experience, you should know that schools must accept you first. In addition, there are three options for obtaining a visa in these cases.
- FM student visas. For academic and professional studies.
- J exchange visitor visa. To participate in an approved exchange programme.
- visitor visa b. To visit schools prior to or during the application process and/or participate in non-accredited recreational short courses.
If you are looking for an opportunity to migrate to United State Or if you want to sponsor someone, the neighboring country to the north grants visas according to family ties, employment, adoption, special categories of immigrants, as well as a diversity visa.
- On the basis of the family. For certain family members of US citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders)
- employment. For permanent employment or investment by entrepreneurs
- adoption. To adopt orphans currently outside the United States.
- private immigrant. Based on special categories, including former US government employees.
- Diversity Visa. An annual program that makes available a limited number of visas to people who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.
In addition to tourism and other purposes of traveling to the United States, there are other visas that are granted so that you can achieve. Here we tell you what they are:
Crossing. For travel across the United States to another country, there are two visa options, as well as a program that if you apply and meet the requirements, you will be able to travel.
- C-Transit visa
- visitor visa b
- VWP Visa Waiver Program
The medical treatment. To travel on a visitor visa or through the Visa Waiver Program for medical treatment in the United States, you need:
- visitor visa b
- VWP Visa Waiver Program
Official government travel. For representatives of foreign governments, designated international organizations or some foreign military on official travel. There are four options for obtaining the following visas:
Foreign diplomats and officials
Staff of international organizations and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Foreign armed forces stationed in the United States
Renewal of A, G and NATO visas in the United States
R religious worker visa. To work temporarily in the United States for a religious organization.
C-1/D Crew visa. Travel to the United States as a crew member on a ship or plane.
humanitarian and special cases. For information about the US government program. For refugee admissions and other humanitarian procedures.
Continue to join refugees and asylum seekers. For spouse and minor unmarried children abroad after joining a refugee or asylee in the United States.
If you want more information about the types of visas and see what requirements you need in each case, you should visit the US Embassy page: here.