If you want to plan a trip to United State To know the many attractions it offers, you should know that it is necessary to have a file Visa de Turista, conditional authorization that allows Temporary entry into the country. The two most common are B1 and B2, have you heard of them? In this note, we explain their purpose in the United States and how to complete the procedures for obtaining your tourist visa.
What is a tourist visa?
that it permission that lets foreign travelers To enter as tourists to some countries that require permission. For example, if you are from Peru and you want to visit the United States to see the Disney theme parks or the Grand Canyon, you will have to apply for a tourist visa, because this document will allow you to enter that country to visit it for the specified time No more than 6 months.
What is a B1 and B2 visa?
a Show B1 It is a temporary permit to enter the United States for business reasons, either because you will be signing contracts or attending company meetings. while a View B2 It is allowed to enter the US territory for reasons of tourism or medical treatment, i.e. to enjoy a few days of vacation or to undergo surgery.
Both types of visas are required at the consulate or Embassy of the United States of America It requires three basic aspects that the applicant must adhere to to start the process:
- Be Peruvian by birth.
- Have your passport intact and valid for up to six months after the date you plan to make the trip.
- Make sure there are reasons to return to the country.
you can see: What is the difference between a passport and a visa?
What can I do with my B1 and B2 visa in the US?
Obtaining a B1 or B2 visa allows you to do the following activities in the United States:
- Consult business partners
- Attending a scientific, educational, professional or commercial conference or conference
- inheritance settlement
- negotiate a contract
- the landmarks of the city
- Visit friends or family
- The medical treatment
- Participation in social events organized by fraternal, social or service organizations.
- Fans participating in music, sports, or similar events or competitions, if they are not paid to participate.
- Enroll in a short recreational course, not for a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class on vacation)
Tourist visa processing steps
Complete the procedure to get Visa de Turista It can be a bit stressful. Next, we explain the process step by step, so that you don’t have any problems doing it.
- take a picture: You must submit an updated copy (from the last 6 months) in digital format, in colour, with white background and 5cm x 5cm.
- Complete DS-160 Form: You will find this document on the website of the Consular Center for Electronic Applications. It is conducted in English and should be printed upon completion. In it you must complete information about the itinerary (flight tickets, accommodation, purpose of the trip, etc.), personal data, education and work, details of the type of visa you need, among other things. Be sure to send it three days before the appointment at the US Embassy.
- Create your virtual account: Enter the visa information service, select “Peru” in the country of origin item and create an account adding the required information. Then make your appointment and download and print the payment receipt.
- Pay Receipt: To make the $160 payment, you have to go to any Scotiabank affiliate agency. The amount is not refundable.
- Check your appointment: When the payment has already been processed, return to the Visa Information Service page and check the date of your interview with the consular officer.
- Attend the interview: For the appointment, you must bring your passport, the printed page of Form DS-160, your photograph, and your birth certificate. Remember that the delivery of the US visa depends on this point, so it is advisable to practice what you will say before the interview. The appointment takes about 5 minutes.
- Get your tourist visa: If your application for a US tourist visa is approved, you will be notified so that you can pick up your document with a stamp stuck to it.
How long can I be in the US on a B1 and B2 visa?
B1 and B2 visa You are allowed to enter United State for a limited time from Not more than 6 months For tourism related and very specific business related activities.
What is the cost of processing a tourist visa?
The cost of the B1 / B2 visa is USD 160 It is valid for 10 years. Cost for children under 15 16 USD, a visa that will also expire in 10 years.