A tourist visa for the United States is an essential document that must be obtained by people who wish to visit this country temporarily for business (B1 visa) or the landmarks of the city (B2 . visa). Thus, foreign citizens will be able to enjoy various tourist attractions in the United States legally. In this sense, we tell you what a file Requirements to apply for a tourist visa and how to ask for it.
It should be noted that this permit does not apply to studies, work or permanent residence in the North American country, since in these cases it is necessary to process other categories of visas.
you can see: United States: How to Apply for a Temporary H-2B Work Visa?
What activities can I do in the United States on a tourist visa?
People who want to do tourism activities or have business to come in that country can ask Tourist visa for the United States, according to the official US Government Travel.State.Gov website. Thus, they will be able to enter the United States temporarily.
Keep in mind that there are two types of tourist or visitor visa (B1 and B2). Each of them guarantees the entry of foreign nationals into the country for certain purposes.
B1 . visa
- Holding meetings or consultations with business partners
- Participation in an educational, professional, commercial or scientific conference or conference
- Negotiate an agreement or contract
- farm filter.
B2 . visa
- Participation in activities or events organized by organizations serving social and fraternal communities
- Visit with family or friends
- The medical treatment
- Attending music competitions, sporting events, etc.
- Participation in a temporary recreational course or workshop.
What are the requirements for processing a US tourist visa?
Persons interested in obtaining a US tourist visa must submit the following documents:
- A confirmation page confirming completion of Form DS-160
- Photo: Necessary in case it cannot be uploaded while digitally filling out Form DS-160
- Receipt of the relevant fee payment (generally, the amount to be paid is $160)
- Passport: It must be valid for at least six months beyond the time the applicant plans to remain in the United States.
How do you get a US tourist visa?
To obtain a US tourist visa, a series of steps must be followed, the order of which may vary depending on the US embassy or consulate where the permit is being processed.
1. Complete Form DS-160
Form DS-160 is an essential document for obtaining a visitor visa. Remember that the information detailed at this point must be correct. Also, when you complete it, you should have the following documents on hand:
- Record your last five trips or visits to the country
- Curriculum Vitae
- A color photograph of the applicant. It must reflect the current appearance of the applicant
- Remember that after filling it out, you must print it out and keep it for presentation at the time of your interview at the US Embassy or Consulate.
2. Schedule an interview at a US embassy or consulate
The next step is to apply for the interview for the tourist visa. You can arrange this at a US embassy or consulate in your current country of residence. Keep in mind that you must go through the process in advance, as the waiting time for your appointment date varies depending on your visa category, season or location.
People between the ages of 14 and 79 must comply with this requirement. Also, if you want to know more details about how to conduct the interview, you can visit web platform US Embassy.
you can see: United States: What are the best destinations in the United States and the world to travel on your own in 2022?
3. Attend the interview
The final step is to have a brief dialogue with the consular officer who will determine if you qualify for a tourist visa. The last step is to pay a fee to issue the said document.