Through an agreement, the National University of Entre Ríos (UNER) has signed with the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of the country to participate in the Program for Institutional Evaluation (PEI) of the Sub-Secretariat for Institutional Evaluation, which consists of a process and a subjective process. – UNER’s R+D+i Function Evaluation Report, an external evaluation process of it, and the design of an improvement plan for R+D Functions (PMI), coordinated by UNER’s Science and Technology Secretariat, with funding of 29,221,087 pesos from MINCyT, and 30 647,091 pesos in concept of efforts and contributions from the university. The plan, implemented and implemented as of April 2021, is a proposal for improvements that, in 2023, can already be seen embedded in the products and services at the various UNER headquarters located in the cities of Paraná, Green Gold, Concepción del Uruguay, Gualeguaychú and Concordia.
“The space for self-assessment is essential in the context of demand, and in this sense PEI accompanies universities and SNCTI institutions in this critical and participatory process so that they not only improve their performance, but are also able to rise to the future in perpetual motion ”, said the Minister of Science, Daniel Filmos .
The members of the PEI technical team, with the coordination and accompaniment of the authorities and technical professionals from UNER, visited different university sites in March to check the results achieved in the PMI. Among the plan’s achievements are the following:
● Two modular laboratories were installed, one with four units located in the Faculty of Promatology (Gualiguaycho Campus) and the other with two units located in the Faculty of Health Sciences (Concepción del Uruguay Campus).
● Equipment and accessories have been purchased to enhance the scientific and technological production enterprise capabilities; Among them, the purchase of digital rotary viscometer, gas extraction hood, filtration equipment, micro-centrifuge accessories package and epifluorescence microscope accessories package.
• Computer hardware (hardware and software) is integrated to enhance networking, administration and research groups.
● The strategic objectives of the R&D functions have been defined in coordination with the objectives of the Participatory Institutional Plan (PIP).
● Likewise, through inter-institutional committees and meetings, a new operating organization model for dual dependency institutes (IDD UNER-CONICET) was approved.
● A proposal for the organic and functional adaptation of the UNER Secretariat for Science and Technology and a regulation for linkage and technology transfer has been developed. Both activities were carried out within the framework of the university’s statute reform process.
● A proposal is prepared to organize and aggregate information related to the R+D+i function through its comprehensive impact indicators.
● Important training activities for management and research personnel have been implemented.
● The scholarly publications system was strengthened and progress was made in the design, planning and implementation of the UNER-RIUNER digital repository: this included improving and updating the Scientific Publications Portal (PCient) and participating in conferences and activities to promote UNER-RIUNER’s scholarly publications. Researchers. At the same time, communications content was created to increase the visibility of the Journal of Science, Teaching, and Technology (CDT).
Suggested lines of improvement emerged from the results of the assessment process consisting of the corporate strategic development of the R+D+i functions; Develop and update the functional and modular structure of CyT; Enhance the capabilities of managing I+D+i processes and systems in the UNER scope; Strengthening institutional capacities for scientific production and R + D + i infrastructure, training human resources and disseminating scientific and technological knowledge, strengthening technological linkage and knowledge transfer activities and their interdependence with the social and production environment.
Prince Edward Island promotes permanent evaluation and continuous improvement of the institutions of the National Science, Technology and Innovation System. We analyze and evaluate the performance of research and development functions, both within the organization and in relation to its social and production environment.