Alejandro was terrified. One day, he woke up with a swollen lip and the doctors told him it was due to an insect bite. But, After several days the pain increased and something was discovered inside the gums. Upon returning to the professionals, he received an unexpected diagnosis.
A young Spanish man from Andalusia woke up one day in November 2021 with a swollen lip. Concerned about the swelling spreading to the cheek, he quickly went to the medical center. There, professionals warned him that an insect bite had caused an allergic reaction, so he returned home calmer.
But that same night, the discomfort and swelling of one side of his face completely increased. “I couldn’t open my eyes and it hurt so much”pointing to In a TikTok video where he recounted his experience And that in just one day it exceeded a million views.
He immediately returned to the hospital and was given medication which caused the swelling in his face to decrease. Despite this, a few hours later he was back to how he was before and was in excruciating pain. “My face was completely disfigured and pus was starting to come out of my gums. It was not a good sign.”warned in the publication.
Fortunately, everything was in a state of panic. A month later, he got an appointment with a dentist and He was diagnosed with a cyst that had to be removed through an operation to avoid greater risks. Although a slight lip swelling appeared due to the intervention, Alejandro felt better after a few days.
Users of the social network were pleased with the end of the story and that the young man was fine. In addition, some recounted their similar experiences. “The same thing happened to me. I went to major surgery. The infection ate the conch of my nose and destroyed my teeth,” one wrote. “I had a cyst on the same tooth and they operated on me, but I lost it. “The infection was severe and he couldn’t open his eye,” another said.
Something similar happened – although more serious – Courtney Nettleton, a 20-year-old British citizen, received a devastating diagnosis. The first signs began when he noticed that he was “very tired” and went to the doctor. “I slept up to 14 hours a day, but they told me it was teen homelessness”he reported on his TikTok account.
The fatigue wouldn’t go away, and she suddenly found herself swollen in her neck, as well as hot flashes, mood swings, and shortness of breath. For this reason, he requested an urgent appointment with a specialist. The doctor did an ultrasound and took a biopsy, and after two weeks they confirmed the frightening diagnosis: He had thyroid cancer. Now he uses the social network to connect his disease process.
Young women today are undergoing two types of treatment to overcome it and are dedicated to raising awareness among the population and professionals about the importance of early detection.