Aging is a condition in life and aging A process that occurs throughout the life cycle. Both aging and human aging are interdisciplinary things in terms of knowledge in the sense that the human individual is a bio-psycho-social entity.
There is currently enough data to indicate that the Positive emotions promote health and well-beingin favor of personal growth, awareness of favorable coping strategies (planning, positive reinterpretation and personal growth, problem coping) social skills and a functional emotional system that allows them to react appropriately to life events.
The organizers of psychological intervention projects and strategies from a positive psychology approach will be able to develop their physical, social and mental potential in adults and participate in society according to their needs, desires and abilities; With the provision of security, protection and care. Hence it is understood that the development of healthy and active aging from the physical, psychological and social point of view is a condition of aging Older adults develop independence or independenceexpand relationships with others and recognize your potential to achieve goals even in old age.
Aging is a condition in life and aging is a process that occurs throughout the life cycle.
Faced with the heterogeneity of changes in aging, the concept of aging pathways is useful for classifying these differences. In particular, a profile successful agingunlike normal and pathological aging, was previously conceived Baltis and Balts, as that adaptive competence that allows a person to adapt to the fluctuations of the environment, as a result of their permanent interaction with it. Thus, by highlighting the proactive role of each person in their own development, it is possible to meet the challenges of the social, cultural and historical environment. Successful aging represents a more efficient adaptation Not only to the demands of the environment, but also to those associated with cognitive deficits inherent in age.
possible during aging to compensate for cognitive declineand maintaining the ability to change and adapt throughout life. In this sense, what explains this phenomenon is neural plasticity or cognitive plasticity, which is defined as “a person’s ability to learn and improve his performance, when presented in a situation of cognitive stimulation and intervention.” It will represent a person’s ability to learn and improve their performance when placed in the optimal cognitive stimulation and intervention condition.
Successful aging represents a more efficient adaptation not only to the demands of the environment, but also to those associated with cognitive deficits inherent in age.
In this framework, it is assumed that the dimensions of mental well-being in old age are:
· Self acceptance: which is related to self-knowledge and allows the individual to obtain an accurate perception of one’s actions, motives and feelings, including awareness of one’s limitations, but through a positive view of himself.
· Positive relationships with others: means the ability to maintain relationships, based on mutual trust and empathy, as well as the ability to take care of oneself and the other.
· environment fieldHaving a sense of mastery and control over the management of the environments in which one participates.
· independence: the qualities of self-determination and the ability to resist social pressures, and to evaluate oneself and the situations in which one is immersed, but based on personal criteria.
· purpose in life: It is defined as the feeling that life has a meaning, and that this meaning is able to integrate the experiences of the past with the present, and highlight the future.
· Self-developmentA self-vision that is open to new experiences that enrich and allow for personal self-realization. In this case, the psychological intervention should promote positive psychological states: feelings and emotions that can have positive effects on physical well-being.
In this case, the psychological intervention should promote positive psychological states: feelings and emotions that can have positive effects on physical well-being.
Knowing oneself and allowing one to have an accurate perception of one’s actions, motives, and feelings, including awareness of one’s own limitations, but through a positive view of oneself
Thus, it is good to stimulate the following variables:
· forgiveness As a psychological resource: to practice changing the perception of what happened, to accept that human beings make mistakes, and many times these mistakes affect us directly.
· Flexibility: which refers to an individual’s ability to withstand difficult situations, and even more so, to come out of them stronger. This must be learned and strengthened with self-respect, altruism, the practice of community participation, and the same connection in social networks.
· Gratitude, serenity, and contentment; These feelings make us feel happy and satisfied with what we have experienced. Joy and love
· Trust, security and hopewhich allows us to see the future in a positive way.
· Humorouskisa: This makes her feel good and around her. It makes us see difficult situations, we find them to have a positive meaning
· optimism: as a positive attitude towards life and the belief that things can go well.
· Leadership: as the ability of an individual to influence a group, and means the ability to motivate; Show empathy and be optimistic. Interpreting the most intimate feelings for another.
· Self-motivation: which generates optimism and hope, which means that if difficulties arise, I insist on what is mine, in my goals, because I am enthusiastic.
Resilience refers to an individual’s ability to withstand difficult situations, and even more so, to come out of them stronger
Therefore, psychiatric care in the elderly must focus on experiencing positive emotions through which it is possible to maximize the intellectual, physical and social resources of individuals, modify ways of thinking and action, and increase and Improving the individual’s personal resources On a physical, psychological and social level they will be important aspects of achieving healthy and active aging.
Finally, share this Swedish filmmaker’s reflection Ingmar Berman: “Old age is like climbing a great mountain: as you climb your strength decreases, but your gaze is freer, your vision broader and calmer.”