WhatsApp on Android and iOS: Which mobile phones will stop working?
The WhatsApp It will stop working Phones running Android 4.04 or iPhone with iOS 9 and earlier. The cellular devices are:
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Ace 2.
- Sony: Xperia M.
- Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D2.
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus Prime F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus Prime F6, Enact, Optimus Prime L4 II Dual, Optimus Prime F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Prime F3Q.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987, Grand Memo.
- Aharon: Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1, THL W8.
- Apple iPhone SE (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB).
- Apple iPhone 6S (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB).
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB).
From the app, they recommend “Best experience” Android users must use a compatible device Version 4.1 or later. For their part, for iPhone users, they recommend that the operating system is iOS 10 or later.
We do not expressly limit the use of unlocked or unlocked devices. However, due to changes in device functionality resulting from these modifications, We cannot provide support if the device has a modified version of the operating systemThey confirmed it from the official WhatsApp website.
WhatsApp: What operating systems are supported
WhatsApp is compatible with the following devices:
- phones with Android OS 4.1 and later versions.
- Mobile phones with iOS 10 and above.
- Some models of devices that are running the operating system KaiOS 2.5.0 and later, including hardware JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
For Android devices, they are supported as long as they meet the following requirements:
- It is running Android 4.1 or later.
- They can receive SMS or calls during the verification process.
In case you have any of the mentioned cell phones, you can install the app and register your phone number. WhatsApp can only be activated with one phone number and on one device at a time.
There is no way to transfer chat history between different platforms. However, from the app, they offer the option to export chat history to be emailed as an attachment.