Independent groupTank Top ShotaiIt recently became a trend after the production of a low-budget live-action version of the franchise Higurashi no nako kuro ni (Higurashi: When they cry). In the video, we can see that the actors, at least, took care to have a good cosplay, even though the scene in which they played cards has been replaced by a game. Yu-Gi-Oh!. Going forward, there are some changes, but the story really loses its meaning when it reaches the climax of the plot, revealing itself to be a parody.
This live-action version became so popular that the seventh expansion recommended it through their Twitter account. In case you don’t know the name, it’s the independent group that specializes in visual novels, which was responsible for creating all of the original content for Higurashi no nako kuro ni. Perhaps the name of its founder also sounds familiar to you, Ryukishi 07who has been completely involved in the latest animated production of the franchise.
Anyway, all of this also included a variety of comments from Japanese netizens:
- «It is strange that they officially admit this. Ryukishi07’s work was the beginning of my love for manga and anime».
- «What I should have seen so late at night, I can’t sleep».
- «I can’t sleep… I didn’t expect the original author to stay active».
- «I won’t open it in the middle of the night… I can’t sleep…».
- «I couldn’t take it anymore because the author mentioned it».
- «I was laughing so hard I could breathe».
- «I laughed so much for the first time in a long time! I’m looking forward to the next one!».
- «I am so glad I saw this».
Summary of Higurashi no Nako Koro ni
On a warm summer day in 1983, transfer student Maibara Kaichi arrives in the quiet rural town of Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika and Satoko. After being accepted as an official member of the “club”, Keiichi and the gang engage in various activities such as card and board games, as well as hide-and-seek. But once Keiichi begins to get used to rural life, he encounters the dark story behind Hinamizawa. As Keiichi uncovers this dark mystery, he’ll discover that his new friends may not be what they seem.