Nowadays, our dependence on Google services in various aspects of our lives has increased dramatically. Data synchronization in the cloud has become essential to ensure access to information on all our devices, especially when we change phones. Therefore, it is necessary to understand how to sync contacts on the device. android and prevent accidental loss of information by Google.
That’s right, we put it in quotes because there are concerns about it Google It will enter your system and delete contacts from it android that are not synced to the cloud. The data itself seems critical, but don’t panic: if you deactivate the sync, the contacts in the cloud will be deleted from the mobile, something that will only happen with version 23.20 of Google Play Services. The contacts you saved in your internal memory will continue as if nothing happened.
How to sync my contacts with google
If you do not want to go through this fear and continue to be associated with the Google cloud, we invite you to follow these steps:
- Open the Contacts app in your Gmail account.
- Click on our user profile
- In the pop-up menu, you need to click on “Connection Settings”
- Now click on “Google Contacts Sync Settings”
- Click on sync status
- Make sure that Automatic Sync is enabled. If not, you have to click to use it.
Another solution is to check if Google sync is enabled. Just follow the instructions we share below.
- On your Android mobile phone, open the Settings app.
- Click Google
- Click on “Google app settings”.
- Go to “Sync Google Contacts”.
- Go to “Also sync device contacts”.
- Select “Automatic contacts backup and sync” to activate it. When you come back, check that it says “Activated”.
Why is it recommended to sync your contacts?
By connecting your contacts to the Google cloud, you will create a safe and secure backup. If you lose or change your device, you can restore connected contacts to the new device. In addition, saving your contacts in the cloud allows you to access them from any mobile phone that has access to your account GoogleThat is, you are not limited to a single device and can view, edit and add ringtones from your phone, tablet or computer.
Remember that Google Cloud It offers other tools and features to better manage your contacts. You can merge contacts, sort them into groups, add more addresses or details, and quickly find the information you need.
Dale listened play on Spotify. Follow the program every Monday on our available audio platforms.