The United Nations Organization for Agriculture and feed (FAO), which was established on October 16 as World Youth Day. feed, a date that has been celebrated since 1979, with one of the main goals of the fight against world hunger.
Another topic in which this day seeks to raise awareness, revolves around the alarming numbers of overweight In the world: an FAO study found that 672 million adults and 124 million minors are obese, while 40 million children under the age of five are obese. overweight.
The study ensures that one of the main reasons for overweight Worldwide this is due to the change in the diet of many people who live in big cities, where more space is being devoted to fast food, flour, fats, sugars and salt. Much of what we eat when we are in a hurry is high in these ingredients, which spoil our health excessively.
A survey released in 2018 by the Inter-American Heart Foundation of Argentina (FIC) revealed that overweight is the main factor of the bad thing feed In Argentina, the disease has a prevalence of more than 13% among boys and girls under 5 years of age and more than 41% between 5 and 17 years of age.
The main causes of bad feed In minors in our country this is due to the following factors:
- Consumption of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, milk, yogurt or cheese is less than the recommended level.
- High consumption of products of low nutritional quality and high in sugar, fat and salt such as sugary drinks, snack products, sweets and pastry products.
- Bad environments: 70% of students who participated in the survey say that selling foods of low nutritional quality is a frequent occurrence in their school, and 25% report that the same educational institution serves sugary drinks.
The national government confirms that overweight In children, it affects both their physical health in pisco and their performance and inclusion in school. One in five cases of bullying or intimidation is directly related to this problem. In addition to the health consequences that accompany this person throughout his life, he is more likely to develop non-communicable diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Include food from all groups daily and get at least 30 minutes of physical activity.
- Drink 8 glasses of safe water daily.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables of various types and colors daily.
- Reduce the use of salt and consume foods rich in sodium.
- Limit sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt.
- Consume milk, yogurt or cheese daily, preferably skimmed.
- By consuming meat, removing visible fat, increasing consumption of fish and including eggs.
- Eat legumes, preferably whole grains, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn or cassava.
- Consume the raw oil as a spice, dried fruit, or seeds.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages should be responsible. Children, teenagers and pregnant women should not take it. Always avoid them when driving.