With it, you can enter into tourism, work, study or temporary work.
To apply for a visa, you must know the following types of permits that exist, so choose the one that meets your needs.
The existing US visa classifications are subject to specific criteria in relation to the purposes of travel to the United States. For this reason, it is essential before issuing a visa that you clearly define the purpose of your trip to the United States.
Below, we list the most in-demand visas
- Business (B-1) is for sellers or commercial representatives who need to enter the country for a certain period of time to attend a meeting or conference or make an investment.
- Tourism (B-2) typical of tourists or leisure tourism in general. It is issued on the same day if all conditions are met (usually indicating that you plan to return to your home country).
- Temporary employment (H, L, O, P, Q) It is mainly intended for temporary workers who do not perform their duties in the agricultural sector. It is a permit issued to foreigners wishing to work in places such as hotels, resorts, alpine ski resorts or amusement parks.
- Study and Exchange (F, M): The F1 visa classification is for full-time international students attending university. The M1 visa classification is for full-time international students seeking vocational training.
Where to apply for a visa
To request a permit, you must go to the offices of the Embassy of the United States of America in any country. The US Embassy in Panama is located at Demetrio Basilio Lacas Street, Building 783, Clayton, Panama.
Documents and requirements
- Register your application on the embassy’s website. Next, fill out a basic record with your basic data, the purposes of your trip to the United States, and the specific type of US visa you are requesting.
- The registration form for business and tourist visas is categorized as Form DS-160.
- In all cases, a digital photo of your face must be attached, and it must be in color; You cannot wear accessories that treat any part of your face, such as your ears, and you must bear in mind that the photo must have been taken at least within the past six months from the date of your application.
- Upon completion of the registration of your application, the US Embassy in Panama will schedule you for an interview.
An interview is granted approximately two months after your application has been registered. You must provide your passport to travel to the United States and the documents corresponding to your chosen application.
During the interview, you must clearly state the purpose of your visit and state your intention to leave the country. You will also need to show evidence of your ability to cover all of your travel expenses.
Once this happens, the whole procedure ends, and you will only have to wait about three or four weeks to get your visa successfully.
The cost and validity of the visa
The total US visa is $160 and is generally valid for ten years with certain exceptions depending on the type of application.
If you decide to go to the United States, it is necessary to have a US visa, the issuance of which will depend on your travel plans.