At the end of 2018, Netflix was released You, a series that to this day remains one of the streaming platform’s main banners. It stars Joe Goldberg – played by Penn Badgley – his bookseller Tendency to acquire With the women he loves or the women he is obsessed with.
It’s all fiction, but there is no doubt about it Many people can be seen in a similar scenario Where you can’t get a person out of your head. There are many reasons why someone might be obsessed with another person. the idealismthe Insecurity and the low self-esteem A frequent cause, although it may also be due to Unmet emotional needs also shocks from the past.
How not to be obsessed with someone?
These obsessive thoughts can be overwhelming and Negatively affect emotional and mental well-being. Therefore, it is convenient to know what to do, so that when constantly thinking about a person it does not become serious and you can get it out of your head:
- Focus on yourself: When we become obsessed with someone, we often lose sight of our own needs and desires. Focusing on yourself means investing time and energy in your own growth, interests, and hobbies. This helps shift your attention away from the person and toward your own life. When you are busy and satisfied, you are less likely to become obsessed with someone else.
- keep busy Doing things that keep you entertained and satisfied can help distract you from obsessive thoughts and behaviors. For example, taking up a new hobby, starting a new project, or playing sports might be interesting options. When you are busy, you have less time and energy to devote to the person you are obsessed with.
- Set limits: When you’re obsessed with someone, it’s easy to cross boundaries just to get close to that person. This can include things like stalking your social media or showing up unannounced at your workplace, for example. Setting boundaries means determining how much time and energy you are willing to invest in that person and sticking to those boundaries. For example, you might decide to limit your contact with her to once a week or avoid checking her social media.
- Acknowledge your feelings: It is important to acknowledge and accept your feelings for this person. Sometimes we feel guilt or shame because we feel something for someone, especially if those feelings are very strong or unrequited. But denying feelings or trying to push them away can only make them stronger, making the mania even more intense.
- Contact restriction: If possible, it’s a good idea to limit interaction with the person you’re obsessed with. This may mean avoiding places or situations where you know you will encounter them, or simply deciding not to have contact with them for a certain period of time.
- Ask for support: Talking to a trusted friend, family member, or therapist can help you work through your feelings and offer you a different perspective. Asking for support can also help you feel less alone and more understood in a difficult situation like this.
Although these tips and recommendations are taken literally, it is important to keep this in mind Escaping from obsession takes time and effort. In this sense, you have to be patient and make the effort so that these kinds of thoughts don’t get out of hand.